- The Berkey Light® System with Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters is a lightweight unit designed for use during outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, traveling, and during unexpected emergencies.
- Serves: 1-5 people
- Storage capacity of about 2.75 Gallons (10.4 L)
- This system comes standard with two 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters but can be expanded up to 4 filters
- Constructed of a non-BPA/BPS co-polyester, which does not retain or leach any foul odors into your water
- System includes: upper and lower chambers, a base, two 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements (expandable to 4), 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 1 spigot, 1 cloth lid
- Durability: Recommended manufacturer’s replacement for two Ceramic Filter Element is 1070 gallons after use
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing for the life of the filter
- Meets NSF Standard No. 42 for materials
- Height: 21″ (when used without base); 26.5″ (with base)
- Weight: 6lbs empty
- Diameter: 9″
- NOT to be used with saltwater
- Maximum filters: Four 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements, the Berkey Light® System will filter up to 12 to15 gallons (45 to 56 liters) of water per day
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Berkey Light® systems are made and assembled in the USA. The Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filtration Elements are made and assembled in England.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
***Due to state regulations, we are currently not shipping this product to Iowa***