Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filtration Elements are made and assembled in England.
- The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Accommodates:1-4 people
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity:2.25 gallons (8.5 litres)
- System Includes: Two 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters (expandable up to 4), upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, and 2 blocking plugs
- There is no need for priming. Once you install the Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filters it is good to go.
- NOT to be used with salt water
- Height when in use: 19.25 inches – 48.9 cm
- Diameter: 8.5 inches – 21.6 cm
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- Durability: Recommended manufacturer’s replacement for each Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filter Element is six months or 535 gallons after use
- Maximum Filters: Four 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements (in upper chamber)
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two 9″ Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements, the Big Berkey® System will filter up to 12 to 15 gallons (45 to 56 litres) of water per day
- Up to 2 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.