Black Berkey® Elements
- The Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons / 11,000 liters (6000 gallons/22,000 liters per set of two) – Depending on water source quality and usage, provide you with 3 years of efficient water purification.
- Tested by USA State & EPA accredited laboratories to exceed EPA & ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol.
- Removes Bacteria, Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals and more
- Each Black Berkey® Element set has a filtration life of 6,000 gallons = 45,000 16.9 fl oz water bottles!
- That’s the retail cost of over $5600 for bottled water!
- Powerful enough to remove most biological and chemical contaminants without removing beneficial minerals
- Compatibility: Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems.
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Durable and efficient
- Very economical- filters
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- How to Prime the Black Berkey® Elements Video: Click Here
- Test Results for Black Berkey® Elements from Independent Laboratories: Click Here
PF-2™Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Filters
- Constructed of: Non-leaching Polypropylene #5 that is BPA-Free plastic
- Use with Berkey Systems: Travel, Big, Royal, Imperial, Crown, and Berkey Light
- Berkey PF-2™& Arsenic Filter are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Elements only
- PF-2 filters attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- The number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Filter Capacity: 3,785 liters per set of two under normal usage. Note that high levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals can reduce the capacity and efficiency of the filter.
PF-2 filters reduce the filtration flow rate by 15-20%
- Recommended PF-2 Replacement: If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2s should be replaced after 12 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2s should be replaced about every 6 months.
- How to Prime and Install the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters Video: Click Here