Blemished Berkey® Systems: Same Great Performance, Special Price!
Blemished systems enable you to enjoy economic savings while being assured that the performance of your Berkey® system has by no means been compromised. Cosmetically blemished Berkey® systems come with the same warrantied Black Berkey® Purification Elements that have made Berkey® by NMCL the leader in the industry.
Blemished Berkey® systems are identified by a distinctive “B” stamped on the upper and lower stainless steel chambers, which indicates that the chambers ARE NOT warrantied against cosmetic defects. However, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements carry the standard 2-year pro-rated limited warranty, which provides you with the same performance and longevity that you would experience with any of our non-blemished Berkey® systems.
The lightweight, compact and easily transportable Go Berkey® Kit is designed for use while camping, backpacking, school, traveling, and during unexpected emergencies.
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element is the only part of this product that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
- Blemished systems are sold as-is – no refunds or exchanges on blemished canisters
- These systems are slightly blemished with a minor cosmetic dent or scratch on the stainless steel canister only; there are no functional or performance defects with these systems
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 10″ in height
- Maximum Fliters: One Black Berkey® Purification Element (upper chamber)
- Kit includes: Upper and Lower stainless steel chambers, 1 Black Berkey® Purification Element, 1 wingnut, 1 washer, 1 priming button, 1 stainless steel lid, 1 Generic Sport Berkey® Bottle (22 oz.), vinyl carrying case and Black Berkey Primer™
- Height when in use: 14″
- Diameter: 4″
- Weight: 2.4 lbs empty
- Serves: 1 or 2 people
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with 1 Black Berkey® Purification Element, the Go Berkey® Kit can produce up to one gallon (3.8 liters) of purified drinking water per hour
- Not compatible with Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
- Flow rate calculated with the upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Black Berkey Primer™and the Sport Berkey® bottles are made and assembled in the USA.
*Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.